Ebooks: Download for Kindle Download for tolino Our e-books for downloading from XinXii Print: Order our printed books from CreateSpaceOrder our printed books from Amazon
Codex Regius on/auf: TwitterFacebookVKGoogle +1youtube

Historical novels from the 2nd für das 21st century






Supplementary:

Donnerstag, 21. Mai 2015

Codex Regius books: Gained in translation - the curious fate of gender...

Codex Regius books: Gained in translation - the curious fate of genderless novel characters:



"I looked up from the fire and turned to my neighbour to the right.
'Have you heard anything new about the advance of the orc-host?'


I was rewarded with a nod. 'From what I've heard they have been stopped about 15 leagues from the River.'"





I often wonder how you native English readers manage to handle a scene
as awkward as this one. It is annoying when you read it but it is a
nightmare when you have to translate it - and I have seen examples like
this in my translating profession.
Now you may ask what it is that I find so awkward about the example above. Well, ...

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen